Apr 6, 2017
Hosted by Shelby Klick and Justin
What is Pinterest? How
does it benefit Businesses? How do I get started? What are the Best
Practices? How does Pinterest work with SnapRetail?
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is digital version of
scrap booking. Imagine a bunch of different bulletin boards
and a stack of magazines. To save inspiration, outfits you love,
fitness tips, and recipes, you would rip out pages and cut out
pictures from the magazines and pin them on their respective
bulletin board. Pinterest is exactly that. You can save
content from all over the internet and pin it to a board for later.
The social aspect of pinterest is that you can comment, like,
collaborate, and follow other people’s boards.
How does it benefit businesses?
- Pinterest is one of the top social platforms
for referral traffic. This is because each piece of content you pin
can have a URL attached and direct pinners back to your
of pinterest users are female.
- pinterest categories for sports, tattoos, cars,
tech, education, history, kids. Really, almost any industry can
find an audience on pinterest, especially if they are creative with
- Pinterest is like viral word-of-mouth. A piece
of content that is pinned a few times may land in front of hundreds
of pinners, especially if you optimize appropriately.
How do I Get Started?
would start by going to business.pinterest.com.
- create a business profile or convert a normal
pinterest account to a business one.
you have a personal account that you use for personal content, I
would suggest creating a new one to Brand for your
- Settings. Here you’ll be able to craft your
- You’ll want to use a Logo as your profile
business description that includes keywords that describes what you
- website URL
- Creating boards. You want to name these with
Unique phrases that are keyword heavy. Descriptions should also use
a lot of keywords, to make your content more searchable.
be confused. Descriptions SHOULD NOT just be a list of keywords
related to your business.
- Pinterest says: The description is an important
part of captivating Pinners. Set a scene that incorporates the
right search words, and you’ll help Pinners imagine themselves with
- Example of board name: Rename simple board
names with more specific keywords and phrasing -
“Fashion” you may want to name a board “Spring Outfits for
- Search on pinterest for keyword
- Follow boards that are related to you and repin
their content onto your own boards.
your own content using the SnapRetail calendar.
- Promote to your customers using email, website
and other social platforms.
often to a variety of boards
comment, and repin other’s content.
- Evenings and Saturdays seem to have the most
traffic on pinterest
- Repurpose your own content
- Revisit your board names and description to
make sure they are still relevant for current trends, seasons, or
high quality, vertical images
the Pin It button to images and products on your website and in
your email. Include your own keyword heavy descriptions and your
- Create Boards and Add Pins to existing boards
using our Calendar
- Easily add Pin It buttons to images and
products in email and websites
- Schedule Emails to post to pinterest boards
such as In Store Promotions